Sweet, sticky, cumin spiced carrots with a healthy handful of lentils and rocket. Super quick, super easy and beautifully autumnal – I reckon this is the best lunchbox yet. Feel free to add an extra handful of herbs and spices, or a little stock to the lentils for some added flavour. Whatever you fancy really!
- 250g carrots, sliced into thin batons
- 100g pre-cooked puy lentils (I used Merchant Gourmet)
- Large handful of rocket
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Lemon and olive oil dressing | Honey and mustard dressing
Feta cheese | Cumin spiced yoghurt | Avocado
Meat and fish options
Grilled chicken | Lamb chops | Beef steak strips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Mix the cumin, honey and 1 tbsp olive oil together and drizzle over the carrots.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until soft and starting to caramelise.
- 5 minutes before the carrots are done, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and cook the garlic for a minute or two. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and fry until the lentils are heated through. Feel free to add chopped coriander or parsley if you fancy it.
- Mix the rocket in the lentils, pop in a tuppaware and top with carrots, plus some nuts and seeds if desired.