One-pot pasta really is as simple as it gets. You can use almost any veggie you want, spice it up with some fresh herbs or chilli and have tomorrow’s work lunch ready in just ten minutes. And only using one pan means only washing one pan. Need I say more?
Read more about the Lunchbox series here.
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 50g cavolo nero, thinly sliced (large stems removed), or curly kale
- 4 or 5 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g courgetti*
- 50g spaghetti – I used brown rice spaghetti but you can use whatever you fancy
*If you have one, use a spiraliser for this. If not, simply use a vegetable peeler to peel courgette ribbons.
Pesto | Tomato marinara | Crème fraiche, lemon juice and chilli flakes
Cheese – feta, burrata, mozzarella | Avocado
Meat and fish options
Grilled chicken breast | Chorizo | Tuna
- Place everything except the courgetti in a saucepan, add a little salt and pepper and pour over enough boiling water to cover the veg. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or as per the packet instructions for your chosen pasta.
- Once cooked, drain and pop back in the saucepan. Add the courgetti and a little olive oil and stir to combine.