There’s something really comforting about a big bowl of pasta, especially the kind you can twizzle round your fork! This is the quickest dish I’ve ever whipped up, yet it really packs a punch in the flavour department. The lemon zest and chilli give it a tangy kick while the crème fraiche keeps it light and refreshing, making it the perfect spring seasonal dinner. It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser at the dinner table.
- 160g tagliatelle
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Handful of grated parmesan
- 2 large handfuls of rocket, plus extra to serve
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Put the pasta on to cook in a large saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice and olive oil until combined. Add the lemon zest, parmesan, chilli flakes and a good pinch of salt and pepper and stir again. Finally, add the crème fraiche and stir.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, turning the hob to its lowest heat. Pour in the lemon and crème fraiche sauce and stir to coat the tagliatelle. Add a handful of rocket at a time and roughly mix into the pasta. Leave on the heat for a further minute or so, stirring occasionally until the sauce is heated through.
- Serve the tagliatelle into two bowls, top with some fresh rocket, a sprinkle of lemon zest and a generous grind of salt and pepper.