This salad is loosely based on a dish my boyfriend and I had at Michel Roux’s michelin star restaurant in Parliament Square. We had a 7 course tasting menu there for my birthday and the beetroot and goats cheese dish was one of my favourites. It was of course far more refined than this recipe – it was practically a piece of art – but the flavours were incredible and I felt inspired to create my own version. So here we have it, a michelin star inspired salad!
- 2 large handfuls (roughly 40g) of mixed salad leaves – I like rocket, spinach and watercress
- 1 large cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1/2 red grapefruit, cut into small chunks
- 40g soft goats cheese, cut into pieces
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
To make this vegan, just replace the goats cheese with avocado
- Place the salad leaves into a large serving dish or bowl. Top with the beetroot, grapefruit, goats cheese, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Combine 3-parts olive oil with 1-part balsamic vinegar to make a simple dressing and drizzle over the salad. Alternatively see my balsamic dressing recipe