I love a smoothie in the morning. They are easy to make, you can use pretty much any fruit or vegetable you fancy and they are perfect for mornings on the go. This banana and almond smoothie is my go-to energy booster as it is easily digestible, packed full of protein and loaded with slow-releasing healthy sugars, making it the perfect pre-workout treat. Just whiz it all up in a blender, then drop and give me 20!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsps oats*
- 2 tbsps ground almonds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g yoghurt of your choice
- 250ml almond milk (or your preferred alternative)
- Good squeeze of honey/agave syrup
*Depending on the power of your blender you may want to whiz the oats up before adding the other ingredients to ensure there aren’t any lumps.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and whiz until completely smooth.
- Pour into a large glass. Done!